Want to Join?
Research PLUS is a fun place to work. Although we are highly driven by our focus and commitment to excellence, we never forget that we are in a people business. That’s why we strive every day to create an environment that will allow you to continue being you and loving what you do while delivering an extraordinary level of service. That’s how we do it and we certainly love what we do!
I. Research Assistant
Are you interested in a career in research?
Research PLUS can guarantee you an entry level position in the research industry in Africa. We carry out major recruitment drives every year.
As a successful applicant you will be enrolled in an intensive training camp after which you graduate as a Certified Research Assistant. This certification automatically qualifies you to join our pool of research assistants on assignment at various research companies, agencies and organisations on a project to project basis.
In order to be considered for research assistant training and positions you need a minimum of the following qualifications and person specifications:
- You must be a citizen of the country in which you are applying to work or have a valid work permit
- You must be 18 years or over
- You must have minimum education of O level (completed) with above average scoring
- You must be fluent in at least the national language of your country - reading, writing, and speaking. Proficiency tests will be carried out to verify this. Fluency in additional international and ethnic languages is a plus.
- You must be computer literate – basics of Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Your character should ideally fit within that of a researcher in terms of mindset and interpersonal interactions and communication. Some of the key traits of a good researcher include: outgoing, friendly, talkative, keen to details, analytic, curious, diligent, honest/trustworthy, intelligent, likes to take initiative, a good communicator, persistent, creative and innovative, objective, open minded, orderly and organised, cautious, accurate and precise, quick and responsive, responsible, systematic and reasonable, cooperative and likes to lead. If you believe you possess a good number of these traits, then there is a researcher in you waiting to be unleashed. Our candidate appraisal system will also help place you at the right starting point of your research career.
- Prior research experience is a plus but not a must.